Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why I Decided To Take Japanese

The first time I studied Japanese was in kindergarten, and even though I only took the class for a year, I still remembered most of the things that I learned throughout high school. I also have a strong interest in architecture, especially the values behind the simplicity of modern Japanese architecture. When deciding on what language to take, I chose to return to my kindergarten interest in order to one day travel to Japan and be able to really experience the culture and aesthetics as they were intended. I believe that the minimalist psyche that Japanese architecture so commonly refers to is the future of creating functional and sustainable living spaces, and so I want to educate myself in this practice as much as possible. It's my hope to visit Tokyo with my boyfriend by the end of graduate school, so we can both experience a completely different culture and find inspiration for our arts. Until then, all I can do is work hard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment